Copyright (c) 2010 - 2013 Nir Sofer
- NK2Edit - Edit, merge and repair the AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook.
BulkFileChanger is a small utility that allows you to create files list from multiple folders, and
then make some action on them - Modify their created/modified/accessed time, change their file attribute
(Read Only, Hidden, System), run an executable with these files as parameter, and copy/cut paste into Explorer.
BulkFileChanger is a replacement for the old FileDate Changer utility.
System Requirements & Limitations
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 8. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
- If you set a date prior to 01/01/1980, Windows Explorer will not display this date, due to a limitation originally created for old FAT systems.
You can still watch an old file date using other file managers like 7-zip, using BulkFileChanger utility, or by right-clicking on the file and choosing 'Properties'.
- Version 1.32:
- Fixed BulkFileChanger to display and handle daylight saving time properly, like Explorer on Windows 7.
- Version 1.31:
- BulkFileChanger now displays file dates prior to 01/01/1980. In previous versions, BulkFileChanger didn't display these dates in order to
be compatible with Windows Explorer...
- Version 1.30:
- BulkFileChanger now displays an error message if it fails to change the date/time/attributes of one or more files.
- Added 'Modified-Created Time Difference' column, which displays the time difference (in hours:minutes:seconds.milliseconds format) between the created time and the modified time of the file.
This time difference might be interesting in some circumstances. For example: If you download a new file from the Internet, the file is created at the moment you start to download it,
and its modified time is set to the time that the last byte was written to the file. This means that the created/modified time difference
represents the duration of downloading process.
- Version 1.25:
- You can now specify environment variables (For example: %appdata%) in the folder path to scan ('Add By Wildcard' option).
- Version 1.24:
- Fixed bug: If you added files, and then removed them from the list, BulkFileChanger failed to add them again.
- Version 1.23:
- Fixed issue: BulkFileChanger failed to copy EXIF properties from .jpg image to the created/modified/accessed time of the file, On Windows 7 and Windows 8. The problem is actually in the GDI+ library of Windows
which from unknown reason fails to read these EXIF properties. So BulkFileChanger now reads the EXIF data directly instead of using the GDI+ library of Windows.
- Version 1.22:
- Fixed issue: The properties dialog-box and other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Added 64-bit build.
- Version 1.21:
- Fixed bug: BulkFileChanger failed to display the size and date/time information for a filename that begins with dot character.
- Version 1.20:
- Added 3 new options into 'Copy Time From': EXIF - Generated Time, EXIF - Stored Time, and EXIF - Modified Time.
You can use these options to copy the date/time stored inside EXIF data of digital camera picture into the created/modified time of the file.
- Version 1.15:
- Added 'Date/time sequence mode' option. When it's turned on, BulkFileChanger will set a different date/time value for every file,
and the 'Add' field will be used to add additional time interval for every file.
For example, if you set the modified date/time to '07/07/2011 10:12:15' and the add value is set to 1 second,
the modified time of the first file will be set the '07/07/2011 10:12:15', the second file will be set to
'07/07/2011 10:12:16', the third file will be set to '07/07/2011 10:12:17', and so on...
The order of the files is determined according to the column you click. So, if for example, you click the filename column and
then use the 'Date/time sequence mode', the date/time values will be set according to the filename alphabetical order.
- Version 1.10:
- Added the option to copy from one date/time value to another.
(For example, you can copy the modified time into the created time or the
created time into the modified time and accessed time)
- Version 1.05:
- BulkFileChanger now also allows you to change the date/time of a folder.
You can add a folder by dragging it from Explorer or by
adding it with 'Add By Wildcard' feature and 'Add Folders' option turned on.
- Added 'File Extension' column.
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.02:
- Added support for temporary file attribute.
- Version 1.01:
- Fixed bug: When the find dialog-box was in focus, pressing the delete key removed the file from the main window.
- Version 1.00: First release.
BulkFileChanger doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - BulkFileChanger.exe
After running BulkFileChanger, you can add files into the list by using one of the following methods:
You can also remove files from the list by using 'Remove Selected Files' option (Del key) or clear the entire files list by using 'Clear Files List' (Ctrl+L)
- Copy and Paste: Simply copy files from Explorer window (Ctrl+C) and then paste them into BulkFileChanger
(Ctrl+V). You can also copy files from other utilities of NirSoft, like SearchMyFiles and HashMyFiles.
- Drag From Explorer: You can add files by dragging them from Explorer window into the main window of BulkFileChanger.
- 'Add Files' option (F2):Add files from 'open file' dialog-box.
- 'Add By Wildcard' option (F3):Add multiple files by specifying wildcard, path, and subfolder depth to scan. (For Example: c:\temp\*.txt)
After you added the desired files, you can select some of them or all of them (Ctrl+A) and then use
one of the following options:
- Change Time / Attributes (F6): Allows you to modify the modified/created/accessed time of the selected files.
You set them to specific time/date values or you can add/subtract days/hours/minutes/seconds from the existing file time.
You can also modify the attributes of the files, like Read-Only, Hidden, and so on.
- Execute Command On Selected Files (F7): Allows you to run any executable with the selected files as command-line parameter.
For example: if you specify 'c:\temp\MyProgram.exe "%1"' in the execute command string, BulkFileChanger will
run MyProgram.exe for every file in the list, and the "%1" will be replaced with the full path filename.
- Explorer Copy/Cut: You can use the copy or cut option to copy/move the selected files into another
folder window of Explorer.
- Export Selected Items: You can export the files list into html/text/html/csv file.
Translating BulkFileChanger to other languages
In order to translate BulkFileChanger to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run BulkFileChanger with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named BulkFileChanger_lng.ini will be created in the folder of BulkFileChanger utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run BulkFileChanger, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run BulkFileChanger without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
BulkFileChanger is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
BulkFileChanger, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'bulkfilechanger_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed BulkFileChanger utility.