Copyright (c) 2004 - 2013 Nir Sofer
FavoritesView displays the list of all your Favorties (of Internet Explorer browser) and bookmarks (of Netscape/Mozilla browsers)
in a single page. Each line in the list specifies the title of the item, the URL address, the created/modified date of the bookmark item, and the folder name.
You select one or more of these bookmarks, and then copy them to the clipboard, delete them (Only for Internet Explorer Favorites), export them to tab-delimited text file, HTML file, or XML file.
FavoritesView also allows you to locate duplicate URL addresses in your Favorites/Bookmarks or find specific item by specifying the URL or the title.
- Version 1.32:
- Fixed to work with Firefox 22.
- Version 1.31:
- Fixed bug: On computer with Firefox 4 and Thunderbird,
FavoritesView used the sqlite dll of Thunderbird instead of using the sqlite dll of Firefox,
it was failed to read the bookmarks.
- Version 1.30:
- When places.sqlite is locked by Firefox, FavoritesView now copies this file into
a temporary folder and then reads it. So you'll be able to view your bookmarks when Firefox is opened.
- Imporved the detection of the Firefox installation (The SQLite library is loaded from there)
- Version 1.27:
- Added places.sqlite file type of Firefox 3 for the browse file dialog-box in the
'Select Favorites Folder / File' window.
- Version 1.26:
- Fixed memory leak problem with Firefox 3 bookmarks
- Version 1.25:
- Added support for command-line.
- Added support for saving as .csv file.
- The settings are now saved to .cfg file instead of the Registry.
- Version 1.20:
- Added support for Firefox 3.0 (places.sqlite instead of bookmarks.htm)
- Added AutoComplete feature to file/folder selection.
- The select file/folder dialog-box is now resizable.
- Fixed bug: FavoritesView crash when saving Mozilla items to file.
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to FavoritesView.
- The URLs in HTML Report are now created as links.
- Version 1.10:
- On Mozilla/Netscape mode, the default bookmarks file is now loaded from Firefox profile instead of Netscape/Mozilla in previous versions.
- A tooltip is displayed when a string in a column is longer than the column length.
- Dates are now formatted according to user locale, instead of system locale in previous versions.
- Version 1.00: First Release.
FavoritesView is a standalone executable, so it doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs.
Simply extract the files to any folder you like, and run the executable - faview.exe
You can also use ZipInstaller to install FavoritesView.
ZipInstaller automatically extracts all files from the Zip file, creates a folder for the software, adds shortcuts to the desktop and to the start menu, and adds an entry to the Add/Remove module.
After running FavoritesView, the main window of FavoritesView displays the list of all your Favorites.
You can switch between IE Favorites and Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks by selecting the desired browser from the View menu, or by using the toolbar.
If you want to watch your Favorites/Bookmarks from another location, simply use
'Select Favorites File/Folder' option from the File menu, and select the desired
IE Favorites folder or Netscape/Mozilla Bookmark file.
Notice: If you want to view the Bookmarks of Firefox 3, you must close all its windows, and only then use FavoritesView.
When Firefox 3 is opened, it also locks the places.sqlite file, and thus FavoritesView cannot read it.
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks into a regular text file.
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks into a comma-delimited text file.
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks into a tabular text file.
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the list of Favorties/bookmarks to XML file.
/browser [1 | 2]
Set the browser type that you want to load (1 for IE, 2 for Mozilla/Firefox)
Translating FavoritesView To Another Language
FavoritesView allows you to easily translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and other strings
to other languages.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
- Run FavoritesView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named faview_lng.ini will be created in the folder of FavoritesView.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and string entries to the desired language.
- After you finish the translation, Run FavoritesView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run FavoritesView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
FavoritesView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
FavoritesView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'faview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed FavoritesView utility.