Copyright (c) 2007 - 2011 Nir Sofer
Each time that you copy something into the clipboard for pasting it into another application,
the copied data is saved into multiple formats.
The main clipboard application of Windows only display the basic clipboard formats, like text and bitmaps, but doesn't
display the list of all formats that are stored in the clipboard.
InsideClipboard is a small utility that displays the binary content of all formats that are currently stored in the
clipboard, and allow you to save the content of specific format into a binary file.
This utility works on any version of Windows, from Windows 98 to Windows Vista.
- Version 1.12:
- Added horizontal scrollbar to the lower pane.
- Version 1.11:
- Added Index column, which displays the order of the clipboard formats.
- Version 1.10:
- Added support for saving and loading as Windows .clp file. You can use it from the user interface or from command-line
- Version 1.06:
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to InsideClipboard.
- Version 1.05:
- New option: Save As Image File. (Works only in Windows XP/2003/Vista, or in other systems that GDI+ is installed)
- Version 1.04:
- New option: Clear All Clipboard Data
- Version 1.03:
- New option: Refresh On Clipboard Change.
- Version 1.02:
- Fixed bug: CF_LOCALE format displayed as CF_DIBV5.
- Version 1.01:
- Fixed bug: InsideClipboard displayed wrong data.
- Added support for displaying stream data.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
InsideClipboard doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file (InsideClipboard.exe)
The main window of InsideClipboard has 2 panes.
The top pane display the list of all formats that are currently stored in the clipboard.
When selecting a single item in the top pane, the bottom pane displays the content of the selected clipboard format.
You can view the content as Ascii (for text-based formats, like RTF or HTML) or as hex dump.
||Save the clipboard items list into a regular text file.
||Save the clipboard items list into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the clipboard items list into a tabular text file.
||Save the clipboard items list into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the clipboard items list into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the clipboard items list to XML file.
/saveclp <.clp Filename>
Save the current clipboard data to .clp file.
/loadclp <.clp Filename>
Load .clp file into the clipboard.
Translating InsideClipboard to other languages
In order to translate InsideClipboard to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run InsideClipboard with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named InsideClipboard_lng.ini will be created in the folder of InsideClipboard utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run InsideClipboard, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run InsideClipboard without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
InsideClipboard is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
InsideClipboard, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'insideclipboard_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed InsideClipboard utility.