PCAnywhere PassView v1.12|
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2010 Nir Sofer
Symantec pcANYWHERE has 2 different types of passwords:
- For all types of items: pcANYWHERE allows you to protect an item with a password (in "Protect item" tab). If an item is protected with a password, pcANYWHERE doesn't allow you modify or view the item's properties (depending on what you choose in the protection options).
- In remote control items and caller items: pcANYWHERE saves the login name and password details, for using them during the remote control sessions.
This utility can recover instantly both types of passwords.
This utility was tested and worked perfectly on both 8.0 and 10.0 versions of pcANYWHERE.
Technically, it should work properly with all versions of pcANYWHERE starting from 7.5 and above.
This utility is released as freeware. You can freely use and distribute it.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in the distribution package including the readme.txt, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
Using PCAnywhere PassView
This utility doesn't need any special installation process. Copy the executable (PCAnyPass.exe) to any folder you want and run it.
In order to recover a password from pcANYWHERE, follow the instructions below:
- Run the utility and press the "Get Password" button.
- If pcANYWHERE is installed on your computer, The files dialog will be automatically opened in the directory where pcANYWHERE stores the items files. Otherwise, you'll have to manually select the directory that contains the items files.
- Select the file that contains the password you want to recover.
You can Select one of the following file types:
| Caller Files ||cif
| Remote Control Files ||chf
| Be A Host Files ||bhf
| Gateway Files ||gwf
| Online Service Files ||osf
- After you select the desired file: If the file is protected by a password, the password will be shown. If the item you select is a Caller or Remote Control item, the login name and password details will be revealed.
You can also get a password of pcANYWHERE file by dragging it from Explorer window into the window of PCAnywhere PassView.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility, you can send a message to email@example.com