Using NK2Edit in mixed environment of computers running Outlook 32-bit and Outlook 64-bit
Due to limitations of the programming interfaces provided by Microsoft Outlook, some of the features of NK2Edit, like importing records from the address book,
requires to run the correct build of NK2Edit according to the installed build of Outlook. NK2Edit 32-bit for 32-bit version of Outlook, and NK2Edit 64-bit for 64-bit version of Outlook.
In order to make easier life for organizations with mixed environment of computers running Outlook 32-bit and computer running Outlook 64-bit, version 2.70 of NK2Edit introduces new package
containing both 32-bit and 64-bit executables, and a third executable file that runs the correct build according to the installed build of Outlook.
The new package contains the following executable files:
Here's the instructions for using this mixed 32-bit/64-bit package:
- nk2edit_32_bit.exe - 32-bit executable of NK2Edit
- nk2edit_64_bit.exe - 64-bit executable of NK2Edit
- NK2Edit.exe - Small executable file that checks the installed build of Outlook in the Registry and automatically executes the needed version of NK2Edit - nk2edit_32_bit.exe or nk2edit_64_bit.exe
- You must copy all 3 executables to the same folder.
- You should only directly run NK2Edit.exe and allow it to execute the correct build of NK2Edit (nk2edit_32_bit.exe or nk2edit_64_bit.exe).
- You can freely run NK2Edit.exe with any command-line option you need, and it'll automatically transfer all
command-line options to the executable that it runs (nk2edit_32_bit.exe or nk2edit_64_bit.exe)
Return to NK2Edit introduction page