Win9x PassView v1.1|
Copyright (c) 2002 Nir Sofer
The Win9x PassView utility reveals the passwords stored on your computer
by Windows 95/98 operating system.
It can reveal 4 types of passwords:
- The user name and the password of the current logged-on user.
- The cached passwords of the current logged-on user.
- The passwords of your network shares (Only with share-level access control).
- The password of the screen saver.
Warning: You are allowed to use this utility only for password recovery
and educational purposes. Don't use this utility for illegal purposes !
- This utility is designed for Windows 95 and Windows 98. You cannot use it on Windows NT/2000/XP.
- Some cached passwords may appear in their encrypted form.
This utility is released as freeware. You can freely use and distribute it.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in the distribution package
including the readme.txt, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
Using the Win9x PassView utility
This utility is a standalone executable and doesn't require any installation process.
In order to start using it, copy the win9xpv.exe to any folder you want, and run it.
After you run it, click the "Show Windows Passwords" button. All the available
information about the passwords stored by Windows 95/98 will be shown in the text-box.
You can use the "Copy To Clipboard" button for copying and pasting the passwords
information to other applications, like notepad or MSWord.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org