Copyright (c) 2012 - 2013 Nir Sofer
FolderChangesView is a simple tool that monitors the folder or disk drive that you choose and lists every filename that
is being modified, created, or deleted while the folder is being monitored.
You can use FolderChangesView with any local disk drive or with a remote network share, as long as you have read permission
to the selected folder.
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 8.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
- Version 1.25:
- Added 'Automatically Scroll Down On New Items' option.
- Version 1.22:
- Fixed the flickering problem on Windows 7.
- Version 1.21:
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Version 1.20:
- Added 'File Owner' column, which displays the owner of the specified file.
- Version 1.16:
- Fixed issue: The properties and the 'Choose Folder' windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.15:
- Added 'Put Icon On Tray' option.
- Version 1.10:
- Added new command-line options: /Start , /BaseFolder , and /MonitorSubfolders
- The 'Choose Folder' options are now saved in the .cfg file.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Open Folder In Explorer' option.
- Added 'Clear All Items' option, to clear all items without stopping and then starting again.
- Fixed bug: The extension column displayed incorrect string for files located inside folders with a dot character.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Start Using FolderChangesView
FolderChangesView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - FolderChangesView.exe
After you run FolderChangesView, you have to choose the desired folder that you want to monitor and then press the 'Ok' button.
If you choose a root folder (For example c:\ ) and the 'Monitor all subfolders under the specified folder' option is turned on,
FolderChangesView will monitor the changes of the entire drive.
After pressing the 'Ok' button, FolderChangesView starts to monitor the selected folder and displays all changes detected under
The counter columns (Modified Count, Created Count, and Deleted Count) mention the type of change detected for every filename.
For example, if a filename has a value of 10 for both 'Created Count' and 'Deleted Count', it means that the file
has been deleted and created again 10 times.
Start monitoring the folder immediately, without displaying the 'Select Folder' dialog-box.
Specifies the folder to monitor.
/MonitorSubfolders <0 | 1>
Specifies whether to monitor all subfolders. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.
FolderChangesView.exe /Start /BaseFolder "C:\" /MonitorSubfolders 1
FolderChangesView.exe /Start /BaseFolder "C:\Program Files"
Translating FolderChangesView to other languages
In order to translate FolderChangesView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run FolderChangesView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named FolderChangesView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of FolderChangesView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run FolderChangesView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run FolderChangesView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
FolderChangesView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
FolderChangesView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'folderchangesview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed FolderChangesView utility.